Sunday, September 5, 2010

Word Wall

My favorite blogger (and friend) KMAC is having a 30 day journey of words. Since writing is one of my passions, I was quick to jump on board.  So this is how it works...every day...one word that inspires you, motivates you, moves you to do something so amazing that it completely changes your perspective for that day...week...month...maybe even your life.

I apologize in advance for not posting daily...I will try to do better.  And now...join me on my "Journey of Words"...they may not mean much to anyone else, but to me, they gave me a moment of "Pause" which is hard to come by these days. 



I found my first word on Wednesday.  Robbie and I were sitting in the park watching the kids play and chatting about our weeks.  This was a rare opportunity since the start of school, but one I inhaled and savored for every second.

Wind Blow...
Kids Chase...
Thoughts Twirl...
Heart Swell...
Time Stopped...

For a moment...and then, a laugh with my mate as we observed our two engaged in the act...

flut·ter

–verb (used without object)

to wave, flap, or toss about
 
Anyone who knows my kids, knows they are in a constant state of "flutter".  It's that moment before spoken words where their actions speak volumes.  For Lily, its a sway of her hips and a shrug of her shoulders.  For Tate, its the swipe of his hair from his forehead.  As a mother, I absolutely love these moment with my kids.  And sitting there in the park, with all my loves, I found myself in my own state of flutter.
 
Thank god for that moment, for I found myself using that inner strength to get through the next day.  It took me longer to find my word on Thursday, but finally...in the last moments of the day...I found it.
 
Cool Temps
Starry Night
No Agenda
True Friend
o·pen

–adjective
 
unreserved, candid, or frank
 
Friends...they are the food for my soul.  And when I don't have them, I starve.  The beauty of friendship for me is the absence of effort, or the ability to just "be".  I love that moment when I can just sit with a dear friend and not say a word.  It is then that I know I am in the presence of a "soul sister" of which I am blessed. 
 
The flutter and freedom of my soul, carried me straight in to Friday.  I woke up and my word smacked me right in the face.  It was so intense, that I made a game plan change on the way to work.
 
Drums Tap
Band Plays
Students Cheer
Team Pride
spir·it
   
–noun
 
an attitude or principle that inspires, animates, or pervades thought, feeling, or action
 
And my Lily girl played hookie and got to experience the day.  School spirit ran with reckless inhibition through the halls of my school and ended with the sweet taste of victory.  A moment that lifted my spirits to a new height.  One from which I shall not descend for quite some time.
 
 
Saturday, I woke up with one thing on my mind.  After some distractions and a few preparations, I found myself exactly where I wanted to be.

Apron Tie
Spices Blend
Veggies Chop
Table Set

rec·i·pe

–noun

a method to attain a desired end

My new kitchen is like one of those fluffy, white robes that you never want to take off.  From the moment I stepped behind my new cooktop, there was an instant connection.  Of course, I loved these moments of culinary solitude, but my true euphoria only comes when that beautiful sanctuary is filled with "soulfood", those beautiful souls I'm blessed to call friends.  So, as the definition says..."my desired end"...I cooked, I laughed, I cried, and I ate a whole lot of food.  My kinda night...

So today, I lathered up with my word.  I wore it like a cheap suit and shouted it from the rooftop of my soul.

Nap Time...
Movie Watch...
Curled Up...
Barely Asleep...

rest

–noun

refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor

I have only moved once from my seat and that was to locate my laptop and start the blogging.  Sometimes you just have to shut it down and shut it down, I did...

1 comment:

Mommy Mac said...

Rock on!

I love your words.

I adore your short phrase descriptions right before each introduction too.

So very prompting and stage setting, sister.

Don't you just love how 1 word can capitalize on just about every emotion you are experiencing.

Mmm, gotta love a pen and a pad!

Love to you!

.mac :)