Sunday, September 19, 2010

Move that Bus...

Well maybe its not that dramatic, but its a pretty big deal at the O'Bryan house.  After six months, the remodel is officially done.  The word is easy and it is the most important word in my life.

Welcome
Love
Comfort
Familiar
home

–noun

the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

A project six months in the making...

BEFORE


AFTER


It took us awhile to pick out the paint color, but we love the way it turned out (and apparently so do many of our neighbors, as they have stopped to comment).  Through these doors, is a place that has transformed to everything we could ask for...



The biggest change in the house is the wall we've torn down between the kitchen and living space.  This single change has not just been structural, but has made a big difference in the function of our family.

BEFORE


AFTER


My dad always told me "attention is in the detail".  Robbie and I quickly realized it wasn't about how much money you spent, but rather about how much time we spent to find what we wanted. 


The lamp over the island is an example of something we hunted for until we found the one that was just right...


I found this little "under the counter thingie" at IKEA earlier this year and all I could envision were different colored beans.  Never expected it to look this cool!


And of course there's this little guy sitting on my island shelf...



This next picture is something I have dreamed of for most of my life.  When I was a little girl, I always loved dinner at Grandma Dee's because of her HUGE dining room table for our family dinners.  After 10 years of hunting, I finally found my very own "Table for 12"...

BEFORE


AFTER


The thing I love about my new kitchen is the view...

BEFORE


AFTER



I spend my Saturday afternoons watching Food Network and cooking in my kitchen.  What more could a girl want?

 
 
Another one of my favorite spots is just around the corner in our extended breezeway...
 
 
Otherwise known as "Mom's Nook", its the perfect place to hang your bags and get organized...
 
 
And of course, a little detail in the corner...
 
 
Through the kitchen and you head into our master bedroom.  When Robbie and I first got married, we picked out bedroom furniture that I knew would last a lifetime.  When we moved it into our new room last month, I felt the same way about it that I felt ten years ago...

BEFORE


AFTER
 
 
And my writing chair...
 
 
Next in to the Master Bath and Closet...
 
 
Sure do love our new shower...
 
 
Let's not forget our detail in here...this sweet picture of my Lily standing in front of my grandparents outhouse...
 
 
And what more could a girl want than a closet like this???
 
 
Throw in two more bathroom remodels and a new laundry room and our house now fits our lifestyle perfectly...
 
 
 
 
And of course...the details...a wooden hanger from Grandpa Ike and Grandma Dee's Honeymoon and Grandma Mooney's washboard...
 
 
Our engagement picture drawn by one of my softball players, hung at the top of the stairs...
 
 
 
And one small detail that makes a big impact...new doorknobs and hinges on every door!!!!
 
 
And of course I saved the best for last...Robbie's new outdoor den.  To say this was our greatest investment is an understatement.  We absolutely love it!

BEFORE


AFTER
 
 
 
It's good to be...
 
 
Can't wait for you to visit...
~ao

4 comments:

Heather said...

Love it all....the before and afters, the renovations, the family, and most of all to call you friends!

Mish said...

So awesome! Can't wait to enjoy it! xoxo

The Deavours Family said...

holy freakin' cow....i LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe one day when the old lady who lived in a shoe and had some many children she didn't know what to do MAKES it there...i can enjoy it in person!

Mommy Mac said...

Stunning...and so YOU!

I adore the colors...happy and original..matchy but not gaggy matchy.

Home feels good, huh?!

.mac :)