Sunday, April 26, 2009
Of course, I now feel incredibly motivated to do something. I think I'll buy a bike...of course after I finish my cookie dough :)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Maybe I'm not interesting...
Maybe I'm just plain vain...
But when I go to other folks blogs, I always see this big, long list of blogs they follow. Which leads me to my newly recognized, not intentional rule of thumb when it comes to blog control...
1. I only follow blogs of people I know...
2. I am only interesting enough to be followed by those same people...
Now, I have to say I've taken a gander at perfect strangers' blogs. I'm intrigued by cool blog names like Daisyeyes, and Mr. B's Bloggery and I confess to what my friend Amberly so nicely named it, "Blog Spies". I take a peak, read their inspirational thoughts and leave before anyone sees me. I suppose I could get more involved...more accepting, but I'm not quite sure how to.
So...then she goes and names me on her top 7 list. I don't even have a top 7. I'm sure that there are 7 folks out there that I would really connect with, but who has the time? Anyway, the rules are this:
I first must post a picture of the award for you all to use later:
I then must list 7 things that I love (besides the obvious...Jesus, husband, and children):
1. Olive Garden Alfredo Dipping Sauce
2. 80's music
4. The color red
5. A boatride on one of the Finger Lakes
6. Driving with my windows down
7. My back deck
Next I must list my 7 (or five in the case of this snobby blogger) favorite blogs:
1. Amberly...she's the one that started today's brainstorm. She has such a practical view of parenting and I love to hear her latest adventures.
2. Meghan...A girl after my own heart...we are too much alike. She's a much better writer than I am and she inspires me daily.
3. Brooke...Probably my most authentic blog connection...didn't really know her well until our blogs...a friend of a friend that I feel like I know so much better now that I get to share in those "special times" in her writing.
4. Arlyne...An old friend from college who just started this blogging thing. She has always had the most unique perspective and now I get to see that through her kids.
5. Kristen...Well...let's just say Kristen struggles in the blogging department since Facebook has come on the scene, but I'm holding on for great things from her.And finally I must let all of my "Kreative Blogger" award winners know which I am getting ready to do by a comment on their blog. Speaking of comments, one final note that was struck by AK herself. If you enjoy what you read, feel free to make a comment. Sometimes I feel like I might be talking to myself...I probably am :)
Sunday, April 19, 2009
We bought several flowers and of course included some lilies. The kids loved planting them and even remembered to water them today. And I think you'll agree...the final product is beautiful (even if it only lasts a few months).
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Except we were all so jealous that she is still so freakin' tiny at 7 months...there always has to be one...our preggers gal who has to sit around and watch us all be ridiculous and wonders how early is too early to leave and go to bed???
And then there's one whose in a bit of a funk and this weekend it was Heather...hope you're feeling better soon, girl. AND I DON'T CARE WHAT JAMIE SAYS ABOUT YOU!!!
Yep all the way from Michigan and the girl's got chops! She stayed up as late as the rest of us...even after traveling 11.5 hours with three kids BY HERSELF!!!!
I'm here to tell ya folks she's one heck of a mama...even offered to take care of my kids this morning while I slept in. And Miss Anabelle...she is a piece of heaven right here on earth (although her mother calls it high maintenance)
THIS GUY let's these ladies come and invade his house. Heck...he even takes care of their kids if needed. And I would like to go on record to say if he's complaining about it, its not to me! Nope he treats them like his troop of extra wives (yep...just what he needs, right?)
A celebration of life, love, and happiness (and of course, some Bon Jovi, too)...just what I needed! (Insert Smile)
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
A little comforting from sissy and things were all better...
(Sidenote: Don't ask what is all over my seat...Better get that cleaned up before the hubby sees it!)
A treat from Target for being such a good patient...
And even better...NO BLING! THANK THE LORD!!