Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Base

When I played softball, I was often referred to as "stretch".  I don't think this had as much to do with my height, as my pure skill.  You see, whenever someone would throw the ball to me at first base, I would reach out and extend myself to the ball.  I'm not sure if it made much difference, but I always felt like I was doing everything in my power to make the play. 

Parent Meeting
Schedule Conflict
Business Lunch
Student Concerns
Tate Doctor

stretch 

–verb (used with object)

to draw out or extend (oneself, a body, limbs, wings, etc.) to the full length or extent
 
Stretched to my full extent, but I don't consider that a bad thing.  I believe when you are stretched, you grow.  I'll consider that while I nurse my strep throat patient tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mommy Mac said...

Poor Tate!

Perhaps tomorrow you will "stretch" out on the couch and cuddle that first grader of yours back into good health.

You definitely do everything possible to make the plays still to this day.

.mac :)