Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Legend of Zelda

I am not much of a video game or tv gal. It probably stems from the fact that we didn't have cable until my teens. Our first Nintendo System arrived when my brothers were old enough to enjoy games like Super Mario Brothers & Ken Griffey, Jr.  I remember pretty intense games between Tony & Rusty, some even drew blood.

One game I enjoyed more than others was The Legend of Zelda. I'm not sure what it was about this game, but I found it intriguing that this little character roamed around seeking items from others to help him on his journey.  The more items he obtained, the easier he maneuvered on his path.

Today, I played the role of Zelda. On my quest for writing inspiration, I made a surprise visit to one of my favorite writers, the dirty librarian. Her writing has been extra inspired over the past year due to some adversity in her life. Like a seasoned writing pro would do, she has used these troubled times to enhance her craft. One doesn't have to take my word for it. Ole girl was featured not once, but twice by The Huffington Post. My favorite part of my visit was stepping back in time. She is a legend in her small town, as you see her below posing in front of her lettermen's jacket that is rightly displayed in the trophy case.  I can think of no one better that exemplifies #lifeisbiginthelittlechallenge.  Hence, today's hashtag...

Day 4:  The Dirty Librarian



#tellitlikeitis

For those of you that are concerned about my sanity, do not fear. Writing obsession will end with Fall Break. I do plan to write more frequently than before after this week of priming the pump. 



1 comment:

Mommy Mac said...

Wow. Huffington Post. Now, that's some writing. So cool that you surprised her. I love surprises...the giving of them and the getting, of course.

I am NOT concerned about your sanity. More people should slow down and take the time to write for so many wonderful reasons.

I'm just glad you're back!

.mac :)