Tuesday, October 29, 2013

it hurts


Feelings are tough.  It's an uncomfortable place for me.  I think thats why I like writing.  It gives me a place to say it and leave it.  It has been my experience that if I tune in to the acuteness of my feelings, I become overwhelmed with the hundreds of feelings that didn't get that attention in the first place.

There is a risk taker in me.  Its the part of me that sees the sign above and wants to explore beyond the rail.  I see the picture below and want to do a full swan dive into the blue water.


Thats the complication of feelings.  I find it hard to tune into raw emotion on something and ignore all of the other things that surround it.  I just want to dive in and suffer the consequences.

I have been blessed with a once a year "reckless abandon" with the safest players in town.


The stats are impressive.

14 years
13 girls
6 states
33 kids
18 marriages (Yep...you do the math)
25 degrees earned

In short, we are moms, wives, doctors, educators, professionals, and counselors. We are shy, funny, opinionated, and practical.  We cook, clean, write, run, and bike.  I will dedicate some writing on their individual beauties at a later date, but simply amazing describes them all.

They are my safe place.  Dive in.

No comments: