Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Day Fit for a Bean

The alarm went off at 6:30 this morning. Two pieces of my heart loaded the car and headed north on 75 to Lexington.

Several hours later, I heard her footsteps running down the stairs and girls' day began.  She was already dressed for the day and asking a million questions. When? Where? Why? How?  I know there will be a day when her excitement fades. This fact alone gets my feet on the floor several minutes before my mind wants to.

We loaded up Rae for a birthday party shopping day. She had her theme. She had her list, but the first item on her agenda was the music.  To my delight, Dave Matthews Band soon was playing on the radio and we headed to the mall.

A day fit for a bean is a real treat.

She smiles like me.
She slouches like me.
She plans like me.
She daydreams like me.
She loves like me.

A Rae Ride. Milkshakes. Matching Spider Web Toes. Shopping for the Perfect Party Outfit. A Coke and a Smile. Pretzels and a Movie on the Couch.

Day 8:  Soda Saturdays



#howsweetitis

We rode home in silence. The sound of pure comfortable joy.

No comments: