Sunday, April 26, 2009

Run, Daddy, Run!

This weekend we headed to Louisville, KY where Robbie, Eric (college best friend) and Nonny competed in the Derby Run. Words cannot express the pure pride I had for my husband as he crossed the finish line in his FIRST half marathon. The kids were screaming his name and jumping up and down, Robbie's parents were quite sure he wasn't going to make it and I was fighting back tears...yep, me...fighting back tears. I guess because I knew how hard he had worked and because I know how much being competitive in something means to him and because it is such a HUGE accomplishment.




Now, I'm not going to brag on my guy too long, but considering this was his first ever competitive race, I was simply AMAZED at his performance.
He finished in the top 25% and just a few minutes over his original goal. And man did he look hot...all sweaty and tired crossing that finish line.





Of course, I now feel incredibly motivated to do something. I think I'll buy a bike...of course after I finish my cookie dough :)

No comments: