Sunday, April 12, 2009

He Lives!

I remember growing up in my dad's church...every Easter we would sing "At the Cross" and "He Lives". I always hated Easter in NY because we had to wear turtlenecks and sweaters with our pretty dresses. One of my favorite parts of Easter was dinner at Grandma's. Since it always fell close to my birthday, Gram's would make my favorite meal, Pepper Steak and Twice Baked Potatoes. This year, I tried yet again, to recreate some of my favorite memories from childhood to build traditions with my own kids...

Everyone hunted for their Easter baskets and were really excited about what was in them (love Lily's mismatched outfit here)...



We dressed up in our finest duds and headed to church to sing the best Easter hymnals and celebrate the death and life of our savior...


We hunted Easter eggs filled with money...




And best yet!!! I think I actually duplicated gram's meal. I was pretty impressed with the spread! It made me feel like I was home...except it was much warmer here :)

No comments: