Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Gas

I am the worst mother in the world! I'll just go ahead and admit it and get it out of the way. Last week, Robbie took the kids for their six week dental check-up and we had the worst news! A CAVITY!!!

So yesterday I took Tate to the pediatric dentist to get it filled. He told me at the exam that they would try to do it with "happy gas", but if they couldn't do it, we would have to bring him back and have him sedated. He also said that depending on how deep the cavity was, he might have to get a silver cap instead of white filling. Now...you can only imagine my horror! I then felt guilty about being more worried about the silver cap than the sedation.

Well I'm here to testify that miracles to happen. The hygenist said that Tate was "perfect" except for the slight cry when he didn't like the taste of the numbing creme. When we went to the car, he immediately started crying...


When I asked him if he was in pain, he cried, "No...I just don't know how long I have to keep this cloth in my mouth and I don't know what it looks like and I don't know why my face feels so funny." Poor guy...he can't handle not understanding things.

A little comforting from sissy and things were all better...

(Sidenote: Don't ask what is all over my seat...Better get that cleaned up before the hubby sees it!)

A treat from Target for being such a good patient...


And even better...NO BLING! THANK THE LORD!!

No comments: