Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Calling All Bloggers...

Maybe I don't have enough time...

Maybe I'm not interesting...

Maybe I'm just plain vain...

But when I go to other folks blogs, I always see this big, long list of blogs they follow. Which leads me to my newly recognized, not intentional rule of thumb when it comes to blog control...

1. I only follow blogs of people I know...

2. I am only interesting enough to be followed by those same people...

Now, I have to say I've taken a gander at perfect strangers' blogs. I'm intrigued by cool blog names like Daisyeyes, and Mr. B's Bloggery and I confess to what my friend Amberly so nicely named it, "Blog Spies". I take a peak, read their inspirational thoughts and leave before anyone sees me. I suppose I could get more involved...more accepting, but I'm not quite sure how to.

So...then she goes and names me on her top 7 list. I don't even have a top 7. I'm sure that there are 7 folks out there that I would really connect with, but who has the time? Anyway, the rules are this:

I first must post a picture of the award for you all to use later:




I then must list 7 things that I love (besides the obvious...Jesus, husband, and children):

1. Olive Garden Alfredo Dipping Sauce

2. 80's music

3. Organization

4. The color red

5. A boatride on one of the Finger Lakes

6. Driving with my windows down

7. My back deck

Next I must list my 7 (or five in the case of this snobby blogger) favorite blogs:

1. Amberly...she's the one that started today's brainstorm. She has such a practical view of parenting and I love to hear her latest adventures.

2. Meghan...A girl after my own heart...we are too much alike. She's a much better writer than I am and she inspires me daily.

3. Brooke...Probably my most authentic blog connection...didn't really know her well until our blogs...a friend of a friend that I feel like I know so much better now that I get to share in those "special times" in her writing.

4. Arlyne...An old friend from college who just started this blogging thing. She has always had the most unique perspective and now I get to see that through her kids.

5. Kristen...Well...let's just say Kristen struggles in the blogging department since Facebook has come on the scene, but I'm holding on for great things from her.

And finally I must let all of my "Kreative Blogger" award winners know which I am getting ready to do by a comment on their blog. Speaking of comments, one final note that was struck by AK herself. If you enjoy what you read, feel free to make a comment. Sometimes I feel like I might be talking to myself...I probably am :)

4 comments:

Mommy Mac said...

You are NOT talking to yourself, missy! I miss you too! Hope you figured out the wishlist situation...I'm here if you still need me!

All good here...just busy, busy, busy!

BUT blogging is back on in my world. Oh, I have missed it so!

Thanks for the super cool award.

Venture out, sister...leave comments to strangers. You and me...we are social butterflies...now go spread those wings!!!

.mac :)

The Deavours Family said...

HAHAHA..."AK"...that one popped out from the archives!

Love you!

The Evans Family said...

Love it! I laughed so hard reading your confessions of blog "peeking". Why? Because I do the exact same thing. Love to look in on other peoples families even if I don't know them.

And I totally agree with our blog connection. I feel like I can keep up with you guys more than Connie lately. Maybe she should get herself a blog!(LOL)

Thanks for the cool award too! Makes me feel like my hard work is not going unnoticed.

Jenn said...

Blog spying is fun! I imagine you don't remember me, but I know your brother, and Kristen (Siders)Sermons is one of my best friends! It's easier to snoop on people with google reader (in case you don't use it), but it condenses all the blogs into one place besides your sidebar. You have a great blog btw!