Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'll Be Home for Christmas...


One of my favorite Christmases I visited my dad's parents from Tennessee.  We chopped down my own tree, baked cookies, built Gingerbread houses and did all of the other things that go along with Christmas tradition.  Although these were all memorable, the moment that I hold closest to my heart happened under the twinkle of Christmas lights.

Grandma's Chair
Warm Afghan
Singing Softly
Off to Sleep

love

~noun

a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection


I will always celebrate Christmas as it was modeled for me by my Grandma D.  We always felt like a guest of honor for the holidays.  You could count on good food, yearly traditions, presents for everyone, and most importantly, enough love to go around.  


My mom often compares me to Grandma D because I don't show emotion, but I know her secret.  She gave me love in her own way...a dimpled smile, a deep laugh, a twinkle in her eye, or a warm place on her lap.


If I could share one thing with my kids, it would be to love others as Christ loved us. There were many moments throughout this holiday that I saw that lesson coming through in them.


My parents blessed me this year by sharing that Christmas love in my home.  I could never repay them for building a lasting tradition with my children that they will never forget.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How does Bobo get left out?