Monday, January 10, 2011

And Stay By My Cradle Til Morning is Nigh...


I was blessed with two babies who were great sleepers.  There are days (like today) where Lily will still take a 3 hour nap.  There is nothing I love more than watching my babies sleep.  It is a time when all of the commotion of the world is calm and they can rest their souls.




Cuddly Slippers
Full Tummies
Comfort of Home
Those You Love


peace

~noun

a state of tranquillity or serenity



Although we stayed busy, there were still many moments of tranquility filled with Christmas music, warm cookies, or a snuggle from the kiddos.




On Christmas Eve, I went around the house to check locks and turn out lights.  Right before I tucked myself in, I stepped outside to check for snow and took a moment of pause.  The air was crisp and the night was still.  I couldn't help but think of that night so long ago when the world stood still, for just a time, gazing at the light of the world.




~ao

No comments: