Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mean Ole Jellyfish

I'm a lake girl. I guess its because I grew up within ten miles of three different lakes. And because some of my fondest memories are from John's cabin with the gang. And because I now take my kids to the lake with my family so they can enjoy it as much as I do. So the beach and I...we're friends. Not the best of friends, just good enough friends to spend an afternoon together in order to get to know each other better.
And I didn't have much hope this morning. The weatherman said 80% so I believed 80%. So when I woke up and there was no rain, I quickly got the kids in their suits and took them to the pool.

A brief morning shower took us back inside

and then FINALLY...we headed to the beach.

We flew kites

We built sand castles


We played in the waves



And then we headed to the condo for lunch and nap...


After lunch we headed back down to the beach. The adults decided to play bocchi (sp?) and football while the kids were digging in the sand. After our games, we buried the kids in sand. While we were standing along the shoreline rinsing the sand off, little Lily stepped right on a jellyfish and oh...she broke my heart.




Robbie immediately called his friend, our family allergist, to find out what to do. Of course he recommended Benadryl and then he shocked us...you know that home remedy that we've all heard about with jellyfish stings (think FRIENDS episode people!!!)...Well I'm hear to tell you that the allergist not only recommended it, but it worked. And of course, we had to take pictures to prove it...yep you can only imagine what's in the cup...




After all the drama, we headed down to the local Snowball stand...that'll cheer any girl up!!!


2 comments:

Mamie said...

So sorry sweet Lily!! Yeah for the sunshine ~ have fun ~ Mamie xxoo

Mommy Mac said...

WOW!

Right on a jelly fish?!!! Poor, poor sister!

Great resourcefulness might I add!!!

.mac :)