Saturday, February 12, 2011

Soft Shell


Parenting is tough.  Some crucial advice I was given early in my life as a mother was, "Don't try to figure out how to get them to thrive...Just love them and they will thrive on their own."  No matter how hard I try, that theory is tested over and over again.


Eggs and a Spoon...
Kids in a Line...
Race to the End...
And suddenly...

crack

~verb

to break with a sudden, sharp sound

Who knew an egg race could turn into one of those moments that challenged the spirit of a child?  One after another, the egg would crack and then the spirit would break...disappointment, failure, lack of confidence...  


Fortunately, our wonderful cruise director, Nonny, was able to redirect and bring smiles back on their faces quickly.  I think next time, I'll leave for the eggs for the cake :)
~ao

1 comment:

Mommy Mac said...

It is now that I would like to regrettably report that I am THE biggest loser that missed this really great party....eggs cracking and all.

I am sorry the Cobble boys were not in attendance. I appear to be chasing the schedule's tail a bit more than usual these days.

Happy Birthday, Tate!

Eggs are overrated, buddy.

.mac :)