Friday, February 4, 2011

Ouch



When I was a kid, I thought Pepto Bismol could cure anything.  If I fell and scraped my knee, all I wanted was the pink milky syrup to make my pain go away.  This past weekend I thought it was time to rip the bandaid off.

Cabin retreat
Moments alone
Circle of friends
Tears and laughter

heal

~verb

to make healthy, whole, or sound

That word means a lot to me right now...WHOLE.  I needed to write, so I gotta out of town.  Thankfully, I had some friends follow my bread crumbs to one of my most inspirational places.  There are not many people that understand the nuances of Autumn, but these ladies...they get it.

I sat in the sun feeling the wind blowing through my hair.  I was pretty excited that I had actually written the intro to my book.  I had focus and purpose with my writing like never before.  And then the greatest thing happened...a spontaneous dance party...right there in the great wide open!!!  Little house on the prairie will never be the same again...


Thank you to Turner, James, Mish, DDK, Lou Lou, Doc Mondi, and the Dirty Librarian for loving me, filling me and making me WHOLE.  And thanks to my husband for knowing how much I needed it and making it happen.  And of course, thanks to Warren for allowing us a slice of his mountain retreat. 


This girl found her spirit somewhere between the lounge chair and the hiking trails.

~ao

2 comments:

Mommy Mac said...

Finding spirit means you know when to stop and look around for it when it's not there.


Being cognizant of what we need is the best medicine of all, AO!

.mac :)

Hal and Brenda said...

Autumn, I have learned so much from your writings. This morning was no different. :)