Friday, February 4, 2011

Absent Words

Its hard to explain.  I have a hard time describing this feeling to anyone.  It's almost a numb, yet sensitive part of me that I don't recognize.  Simply said...I miss her.






I didn't get to see her very often, but knowing she was there gave me a settled spirit.  I've spent the past few weeks trying to get back to my "ole" self, but the sadness seems to stay much longer than I expected.


A pat on the bottom
Sparkle in her eyes
A calming laugh
Deep-dimpled smile


Closure
~noun
a bringing to an end; conclusion


The only thing that brings me closer to that place are the remnants of her that I found threaded through the people around me.


I find her sass in my cousin, Jacqueline and her "get-to-it-ness" can be found in my cousin, Emily.




The great debater rears her head in my brother, Tony and her stubbornness rolls all over my brother, Russ.




 Her skill in the kitchen is captured by my cousin, Nick.




My cousin, Allison, has her quiet way

and Ashley is a fighter just like she was.


Sassy

Get-to-it

Debater

Stubborn

Skilled

Quiet

Fighter


God, I miss her.




~ao

1 comment:

Mommy Mac said...

I know it's unbearably tough.

It hard even to put into words like you mentioned.

Hang in there.


.mac :)