Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lily Kate Squared

Last weekend, Lily was invited to the birthday party of her closet friend in school, known as Lily J. They really love the fact that they share the same name. It wasn't until I got to the party that I found out Lily J. is actually Lily Kathleen and they call her Lily Kate just like our own little Lily Katherine. It's so funny when you ask Lily how to spell her name she says, "L-I-L-Y-O". She hasn't quite figured out that the "O" is the first initial of her last name. It's darn cute.



With our living/working situation, the kids have not had the opportunity to have a social network of friends. Of course, they enjoy playing with our friends' kids, but they don't have friends of their own from school or church that they can spend time with outside of school. It was so great to see Lily running around with her "two best girls", Gavin and Lily J. It totally foreshadowed our life over the next ten years and I gotta admit...I kinda liked it.


Since it was Lily's party, Robbie decided to take Tate to the golf course. They'd been going to the driving range (which I'll post about once I get pics off Robbie's phone), and Robbie promised him he would they would go so he, Michael and Connie took him. Somewhere around Hole #5, I got this picture, with the caption..."Nonny stop saying those words!"


All in all it was a great day. I'm looking forward to an awesome summer filled with bike rides, golfing, pool time, and overall fun before we start KINDERGARDEN!!!!

No comments: