Sunday, October 3, 2010

Country Song

I have always loved a good country song.  It started as a young girl with my appreciation for Tammy Wynette.  It seems country music writers always use the best words in their lyrics.  In honor of our recent girls' weekend in Nashville (the home of country music), allow me to find my best words to introduce the following...

Heather

pri·or·i·ty

~noun

something given special attention


Heather is a woman who has her priorities in line.  She models everyday what it is to be an exceptional daughter, wife, and mother.  She has more grit than your average gal and is not afraid to get things done.  I am blessed to call her friend.

Jamie

sen·si·tive

–adjective

having acute mental or emotional sensibility; aware of and responsive to the feelings of others


Jamie is the friend I have the most in common with.  Before she moved to Michigan, we spent our Saturdays in thrift stores and junk shops. She is a beautiful soul and I miss her everyday she is not here with me.  I know, however, that distance will never separate us and that we are buds for life.

Michelle

wit

–noun

the keen perception and cleverly apt expression of those connections between ideas that awaken amusement and pleasure


Talk about a girl that has changed my life...I remember meeting her for the first time in the laundry room of my freshman dorm.  Make no mistake...there is no reason in the world that we should be friends.  We are as opposite as night and day.  But something about Autie and Mish just clicks and almost 20 years later, we're still hanging on tight.  (And a special hoorah to my girl featured here getting offered a pretty amazing job...crossing my fingers for you, girl!!!)

Carissa

pro·tect

–verb

to defend or guard from attack, invasion, loss, annoyance, insult, etc.;


That beautiful lady is something else.  She is strong, intelligent and will give anyone who crosses her path a real run for their money.  But the thing I love the most about our "dirty librarian", is that she is fiercely loyal and will put anything on the line (as we heard with one of her childhood stories this weekend) to make things right.  I sure am glad she is on my team.

Lea

qual·i·ty

–noun

an essential or distinctive characteristic, property, or attribute


Anytime I think of this treasured lady, I simply take a deep breath and sigh.  Lea has a beautiful way to calm me and remind of the person I strive to be.  Although I don't get to spend as much time with her anymore, I know that a simple glance and slight smile is all I need to refocus.  She is a beautiful soul and I am so glad she has chosen me to be her friend.

Melissa

dec·o·rate

–verb

to furnish or adorn with something ornamental or becoming; embellish

Michelle's baby sister, Melissa, joined us this year for the weekend.  She is a pure joy to be around and absolutely hysterical.  The thing that I love about her is that she makes the world a more beautiful place by humor, growth, and a little embellishment. (Sorry about the lack of pic here...I couldn't get the one I had to work!!!)

Kendra

pas·sion

–noun

any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling


And last but certainly not least, is my girl, DDKeeks.  This lady has been a major change agent for me over the past few years.  She loves, she listens, but most importantly...she lives!  And I am so glad I get to live this life with her in it.  She's one special girl!

I could use multiple words to describe me after my wonderful weekend, but I will narrow it down to a few...


 
Simply Humbled...
Simply Blessed...
Simply Loved...

Thank you girls for changing my life one more time.  I breathe easier and with more confidence after my 48 hour therapy session with you.

~ao

2 comments:

Mommy Mac said...

Aww, man, I love this post!

I love that you are so detailed in why you love each of your friends.

I also love that you are have carted some luggage with these girls and racked up some years...there is nothing better than being loved then and still NOW.

They are lucky to have you too!

.mac :)

Mamie said...

This is such a sweet post Autumn. I know how much each of them mean to you. All of you are very lucky to have each other ~ xxoo