Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Table for 8?

There is nothing I love more than to set my dinner table and prepare a meal for those I love.

In a perfect world, I would have a long dining room table that sits twelve and folding tables in the garage to accomodate those larger parties. I actually had Robbie at the furniture store looking at a new table, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. To me, the dining room table purchase is one of the most important things a family buys. Its the thing your kids remember years from now and fight over after you die...yep...pretty important. Another challenge is the absence of an actual dining room. Oh yeah...I forgot that! Where in the heck do I think I am going to put this dining room table???? Looks like I'm stuck with an 8 seater for now, but what the heck? A girl can dream, can't she?

Before leaving for NY we had our "foster" TN family over for a yummy dinner. Table for 8?
The Hostesses With the Mostesses
Lou Lou and DDK

Iggs and Non
And Iggs with Some Random Guy Off the Street
(Sidenote: I know this dude looks a little like my brother, but read the post below to know why I am making him nameless in my posts)

I made the Willemsen Classic Christmas dinner: Pepper Steak and Twice Baked Potatoes. It sure was tasty...I think GG would be proud. Add in some green bean and sweet potato casseroles and a side salad and we have pure heaven.

A quick meal for the kiddos and a swift kick upstairs, and we were in for some class grown up time (despite a few brief interruptions from The Spice Girls).


We ate a yummy dinner, played Partini, and watched RobBob "make it rain" and beat that random man off the street in a 3 point shooting on the Wii. It was such a great night we were even able to a fire on the back deck.
(2nd Sidenote: No I am not sitting on some random guy's lap, this is David and his wife, Heather was taking the picture and afterall, WE'RE FAMILY!!!)

Merry Christmas to my beautiful friends and family! You are my greatest gift!

1 comment:

Mommy Mac said...

I love to entertain too! It is the most fun to have family and friends over for a meal. Kenny and I are already sad that we will have to take down decorations....we love Christmas decor!

Hope you have wonderfully safe travels. Have a blast!

Merry Christmas, AO~

.mac :)