Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Big Girl Trip


What's a mom to do? We live 300 miles from Robbie's parents and over 800 miles from mine. My parents average around 14 days a year with my kids which is not by our choice, but simple geography. So when Bobo and Igglers offered to take Lily to NY with them for their visit, I really didn't have a choice. I was that kid that lived away from my grandparents and I felt shorted. All my cousins seemed to spend all their time together and I felt distant from all of that. Thankfully, I have managed to have a close relationship not just with my grandparents, but with my aunts, uncles and cousins too. Of course, I was nervous and worried. Not really sure why...of course, I trusted my brother to drive safely and to watch my baby girl like he would his own. But...any time your kids are away, there's an unsettling feeling that comes over you.

All of that was put to rest when I started receiving pics. She looked like she was having a great time! And I could tell from all the pics that I had given my family a great gift by sending some of my love north to them.

I'm sure this is the first of many solo trips and I can only hope each of them is as memorable for my kids as this one. Thanks Bobo and Igglers for making it possible!

3 comments:

Mamie said...

We had such a great visit with Lily. We didn't want to send her back!! Thank you for sharing your little princess with us. Is she still carrying that sparkly purse with all the stuff inside? We can't get enough of little Lily and Tate too!! We completely agree, this was the first of many solo trips to come ~ xxoo Mamie & Pops

Mommy Mac said...

Rock on with your bad self, Lily Bean!


I sure miss you.

I know that was not on topic, but I had to say it.

Even though we didn't really see each other much when you were a Lion, I always heard AO stories.

Now, there are none.

Boo.

.mac :(

The Deavours Family said...

that is so awesome!!! my stomach sank, though, thinking about that long trip apart. =)

who is the gal in the pink...the two young girls w/ lily? woa---they favor!