Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Black Tutu and Star Wars Shirt


The first day of school...WOW! I don't remember my first day of school. The only thing I remember from Kindergarten was watching the kids play on the playground while I sat inside with a broken arm. I also remember my first day at Canandaigua Primary. Believe it or not, I was pretty shy in my early school years and I remember not really enjoying school that much, despite being pretty good at it. I do vividly remember both of my brothers' first days. I can remember a picture of each of them in front of the tree on 5&20 with their little backpacks. I remember them climbing the steps of the bus and me and my mom and dad waving at them as the bus pulled away.


Boy...Times have changed...No backpacks...No bus...


I took the kids shopping for their school stuff. I was super excited to help them pick out their new backpacks and trapper keepers, UNTIL I read the supply list. Yep...you guessed it. No backpacks...no trapper keepers! They pay $10 for their standard tote carrying their standard folder inside. How boring!

So, we opted for school clothes instead. They were both so excited to pick out their first day of school outfits. Tate had to have his yellow Star Wars shirt and his Mario Kart lunchbox. Lily, of course, had to add a little style to make her first impression. So...we ended up with a black tutu and pink tanktop with black hearts (not pictured due to recent NY trip that resulted in souvenir shirts :)


The start of school has gone great so far. Both kids love their teacher and have made some new friends.

On another note, they have also both had their first timeout...one for not staying in line and one for spitting...I'll let you figure out who did what. Bet you'll never guess!

I know most moms are crying when they take their kids to school for the first time. No...I'm not cold-hearted. I am just so thrilled to see them in a more simple life. It is a complete answer to prayer. Looking forward to many more "School Times".

2 comments:

Mommy Mac said...

Those O'Bryan kiddos are just the best!

You are so well put together in words and in real life.

Just how do you do it, principal?

.mac :)

The Deavours Family said...

Woa. Already??