Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Elders



Yesterday Lily and I spent the day with both sets of my grandparents. We started the day at Tom Wahl's at lunch with Gigi. After that, we went with Gigi to visit PopPop in the hospital. They were so cute. Grandpa kept looking around Grandma to watch Lily. When Lily would notice, she would peer around Grandma and smile real big at Grandpa. They were so sweet. After we left the hospital, we picked up Mimi and Pipi (aka Ma and Pa Kettle) to run errands and go the doctor. Grandma had some wax buildup (hence the doctor's appointment) and Grandpa is hard of hearing so the two of them spent the drive yelling at each other, literally. When we stopped at the gas station to get a drink, Grandpa decided to get out and get a coffee. On the way in, he muttered under his breath, "maybe a donut too". I said "Sure Grandpa, how often do I get to treat you to a donut?" Once inside, he stopped in front of the food and said, "I really like pizza." Needless to say, I got him the pizza. What a trip!!! I don't get to tend to the grandparents often so it was a thrill to do so.

1 comment:

Mamie said...

Thank you Autie ~ xxoo Mom