Sunday, February 10, 2008

Break Dancin' Ring Bearer




This weekend Tate and I travelled to New York for my Uncle Dennis' wedding. Tate was the ring bearer and of course the ham of the night. Connie has recently taught Tate how to breakdance in our kitchen. They spin around on our kitchen floor while I cook dinner. I had no idea that Tate would use the wedding as his first official dance showcase. It started at the rehearsal where he started rolling around on the floor. After we left, I asked him why he was rolling instead of walking down the aisle. He said "Nonny told him he'd be dancin' at the weddin' ". I then informed him that the dancing would come after the serious part when he walked down the aisle. On Saturday, I had several pep talks with Tate where I reminded him that he needed to stay on his feet during the serious part and he could dance after he had cake. He sat patiently outside the room where the wedding was going to take place. When it came time to walk down the aisle with Skylar, he got so embarrassed from all the attention, he put the ring pillow over his face. Once he got to the end of the aisle, he sat down and squealed in delight and started to spin around on his butt...just like his Nonny had taught him. Needless to say, there was nothing I could do at the point, but to have a good chuckle and tie his shoes on tighter for the real dancing that was yet to come after the cake.

No comments: