Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Heart Swells







Michelle told me the other day that I need to write about my daughter...it's starting to look like Tate's blog. However, today I am going to have to write about Tate again because it's his big day. Four years ago, I was laying in the hospital bed after Robbie left for his game and my parents went home. I remember looking at his squishy face scared out of my witts about being a mother, but at the same time feeling such a peace...a completeness like I had never known. It was the first time I had cried all day. And now...as I watch him sitting on the floor playing with his blocks, I am so proud of the little boy he has become. He might be the funniest person I know (besides Michelle, of course) and is so bright. He is a wonderful big brother, loving son, and kind-hearted friend. I don't know how he ended up mine, but I know my life will forever be complete with him in it. Happy Birthday to my sweet Tate.

1 comment:

Mamie said...

It's amazing how time has gone by so quickly. I think the day Tate was born is one of the biggest highlights of my life. It was such an incredible day. We were entertained by Rusty and Michelle to pass the time ~ Robbie had to mute the basketball game during labor ~ Rusty tried to sneak in at the last minute and even put on a surgical mask and cap ~ Robbie's father standing behind the curtain jiggling the change in his pocket ~ Pops snoring on the hospital floor all night ~ Michelle bringing dinner and the many, many friends of Autumn & Robbie gathered around for this special day. I agree that he is the smartest little guy I know. We spent last weekend together and each time I see him, I just love him more and more. Our family has been blessed with Tate and God has a plan for his life. I cannot wait to see how it unfolds. Each year is a new chapter. I love you my handsome little man ~ xxoo Mamie