Thursday, January 31, 2008

Two Left Feet




Leave it to my son...the ever so graceful one...the one who spends more time tripping over his two feet than standing on them. Today I got a phone call from Robbie stating that Tate had fallen on the playground and cut his chin open. This was my first mommy trauma. I was able to keep it together until I got to the car. I just didn't know what to expect when I arrived at his school. I walked into his classroom and there sat Tate in the front of all the kids watching a movie as if nothing had happened. They said that he barely even cried. I took him to the Children's Hospital. He sat on my lap with his Spider Man blanket and watched cartoons until they took us back. The ceiling tiles were painted with characters so he was quickly distracted. They changed him into the cutest junior hospital gown and we laid there watching cartoons until the doctor arrived. They numbed his chin and then strapped him down in order to stitch him up quickly. I think he woke up every patient in that hospital while they were holding him down putting the stitches in. As soon as he was free, he began to explain to me what THAT man and THAT lady did to him by squeezing his legs and face. He could not understand what had just happened and to Tate that is pure torture. We left the hospital, red popsicle in hand, talking about the lady that wouldn't let his legs go and how he wanted a corndog for dinner. He now sleeps peacefully in his bed with Dora bandaid in place.

1 comment:

The Deavours Family said...

OH, no! How many stitches???