Friday, July 2, 2010

Beach Bums


There are not many places that are "real" to me. Of course, I have my favorite destinations, but there are few places that I feel "swell my soul". Wilmington, NC just happens to be one of that for me. I don't know exactly what it is. I know the people that live there have something to do with it since the Khourys are one of my favorite families, but its more than that. It only takes me a deep, cleansing breath on the riverwalk to cleanse my soul and bring me to a place of pure serenity. I love shopping at Cotton Exchange, pineapple salsa from Flaming Amy's, and watching my favorite fishermen from the dock at JoJo's...not to mention the awesome fish tacos from K38. I just gotta say...I love every square inch of that place...the sights, sounds, smells...just love it!!!

Its been a few years since we have been able to go, so we decided there was no better way to celebrate Nonny's 30th birthday than to take her to the beach.
And what better gift could I give her then my most special place on this earth...


The Khourys/Hurleys were our gracious hosts and what hosts they were...
We enjoyed a shrimp boil at JoJo's, bocchi ball at Wrightsville beach, and a Dave Matthews cover band on the pier. What more could you ask for???

So...happy birthday Nonny and thank you Khoury/Hurley gang. I found my soul somewhere near the ice cream shop. Looking forward to next time...

No comments: