Saturday, July 3, 2010

48 inches...

Last summer we weren't quite there...


We begged and even cried some...

But it didn't really get us anywhere...


The sign says..."You must be 48 inches to ride this ride"


So "ride" we did. Tate finally reached that magical marker...the stepping stone of all amusement park visitors...the coveted 48 inch mark that said "I'm a big boy and I wanna ride THAT!!!"


I have to admit I was pretty shocked that he wanted to ride them all, but there was no persuading on my part. He was going to conquer THE BEAST.


He even threw in the Vortex for good measure, and for those of you that don't know...this is a full-fledged loopdy loop, only for your real thrillseeking roller coaster ride. And man, did he love it!!


What is an amusement park without good friends??


We recruited Meyer, Brooke and Tanner, as well as our faithful Virg to join us for 12 hours of Kings Island excitement.

We waterparked, ice creamed, roller coastered, and fireworked.


And at the end of the night, while the kids fell asleep in my lap in the car, my heart was swelling with pure love and joy from a wonderful day together.
Special Note to my faithful blog reader, Virg, who will also now be referred to as "Tate's trusty roller coaster sidekick". Thanks for making memories for my little guy. As you could see on his face, it meant the world to him.

No comments: