Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Igglers

I have pressed the "backspace" button several times over the past few weeks as I've tried to write this post. And, of course, every other day, I would receive my reminder, "UPDATE THE BLOG". It usually came from the newlyweds in central Tennessee. So, here goes...

Recently, my mother sent me a copy of a letter I had sent to my baby brother. It was written over 12 years ago while I was trying to start my career and he was trying to complete high school. An excerpt is below:
"I'm so proud of the guy that you have become. You have come so far in bball, etc...and I know that as long as you put your mind to it, you will go far."
The letter is written on Winnie the Pooh stationary and signed with a heart symbol and my name. It is amazing that it was written 12 years ago when things were incredibly different, but they seem all too familiar at the same time. Nothing brings me more joy and pride than the picture below...
And how about that photographer catching me and my sweetie in the act???

To see that brother of mine marry that girl brought me to a place of pure bliss. She is a perfect piece that he has been missing for years. To feel their joy and sense the comfort of their love is so refreshing and sweet, it made everyone want to celebrate...and celebrate we did. On May 8th, we gathered in Lebanon, TN to celebrate the union of two of my favorite people. Normally, folks would say "the pictures don't do it justice", but in this case, thanks to a very talented photographer, I think they do.
One of the beautiful parts of the day were the kids. Bobo and Iggs in their truest form, found a way to include all of the nephews and Lily and boy they sure did not disappoint.


My sweet nephew Jaxson charmed the ladies with that intense gaze...


Speaking of intense, this is probably my favorite picture from the whole day. It reminds me of a time in church when I bribed my brother, Tony, with jelly beans in order to behave. Whatever Lily was saying, it worked.


And the crowning moment when the doors opened and the trumpets sounded (and we all held our breath)...
After the 3 little angels walked down the aisle, the doors opened again and there she stood (and yes, I think she looks like an angel too)...


And then there was a moment I will forever cherish. My son stood before a congregation of over 200 people and read I Corinthians. I was so proud of him and couldn't help to be reminded of that excerpt from the letter..."put your mind to it. You will go far." Reminds me of another little red-headed guy from years ago...


Once all of the formalities were over, we headed to the reception for some true celebrating. Here is a pic of the mother of the bride and her girl taking a well-deserved rest...
And of course there wasn't a dry eye in the place as daddies danced with their girls to "Butterfly Kisses".
And check out that grandpa of mine and Aunt Peg breaking it down Mooney style. Gotta love those moves...
We danced until we couldn't dance anymore...
and we sent them on their way to "put their minds to it and go far" (with a brief stop in Jamaica, of course). Congratulations Bobo and Iggs! Enjoy a beautiful life together!

1 comment:

Mommy Mac said...

Congratulations to the happy couple!

These photo are glamour shots.

Glamour shots in real life.

The moments were perfectly captured it seems.

Oh, weddings are so happy and fun.

Love the gandpa breaking it down pics best!

.mac :)