Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Golden Egg

When I was a kid, we would always have an easter egg hunt at the church. I remember not caring a thing about all of those candy-filled eggs...I had my eyes on the prize. My mom would always wrap one of those pantyhose eggs in aluminum foil and fill it with money and I just thought that was the greatest thing ever.

Since we do not typically travel over easter, we have started the tradition of gathering our friends together to have a nice dinner and egghunt at our house. This year was no exception. First was church, with our friends, Zach and Fred...

Then we headed home to prepare dinner (mom) and nap (everyone else). Before dinner, it was time for our easter egg hunt. Now, back to the pantyhose money eggs from my childhood. I figure my kids get plenty of candy from the easter bunny and quite honestly, mom can only handle so much sugar in her kids, so our easter eggs are ALL filled with money. Yep, some coins and some cash. Here is a pic of the kids and Non counting their hunted treasure.


Right before the neighbors showed up with water balloons...

Overall, it was a great day...yummy food, great friends and some money for our piggy banks...

No comments: