Sunday, May 17, 2009

He Loves Me!

I have recovered.

I am full.

I have awakened.

And now I want them to come home to me. It was much anticipated. And it was well worth the time, but now that my "free as a bird" weekend is closing down...I am ready. Ready for their return.
How did I manage to get a weekend with no kids...no husband? Well it looks something like this...Robbie had a class reunion in Kentucky. Since I had graduation, Robbie loaded up the kids and headed north to his parents'.
I danced.
I dined.
I worked.
I chatted.
I wrote.
I slept.
I slept.
I SLEPT!
And now...I want them back. I want him back, but I can't. Mean ole flu has knocked RobBob out with a 103 degree temp and so the trip is extended.

And I am waiting.
Awake.
Rested.
Lonely.
Thinking.
Thinking about my blessings. The blessings of friends, family, and faith. The blessing of him. A week from tomorrow we will have been married for eight years. And man am I lucky...

Early in our marriage, I heard about the Love Languages survey (click here for more information). Everytime I take this survey, Words of Affirmation has scored as my love language by leaps and bounds. My husband's language is acts of service (hence all the car washes and emptying of the dishwasher!).
Here lately, I have felt loved in a way that I haven't felt loved before. Not because I don't like them and not because I'm selfless, because everyone likes to be given to...but everytime I have taken the survey, Gifts has been the love language that receives the lowest score. I think the last time I took it, it was 2%. NOT ANYMORE! Daddy has been good to me...
It started with this...
















A nice handy tool to make my hair look smooth and shiny. I came home from the hairdresser after she had spent some QT drying and straightening my hair...not an easy task, mind you. When I walked in the door, he told me how great my hair looked. When I told him how much time and money it would cost to look like this everyday, he told me to "get one". And so I did. Of course, I can only straighten it once a week, but its still the Bomb Diggity.


Next came birthday weekend...and oh was I a lucky girl...



If you have been around me anytime for the past year, you know this is ALL I've wanted. My Blackberry, otherwise known as my best organ. It is my 2nd brain that has really been a lifestyle changer. And he got it for me! He walked me in the Verizon store, let me pick out the pink one, and set me up with the ultimate data package. Since then, I have been one happy mama (and he's since gotten the Verizon data service as well :)

And now we're to my new favorite thing. I remember my first charm bracelet. It was for my 16th birthday from my mom and dad. It had a bulldog, softball, and Sweet 16 charm. I still have it and love it...almost. It's a little dangly and clanky for my taste. I'm a simple girl and simple jewelry is my style. However, I do love the sentimentality of it. Hence, this gift...



Where did you get this beautiful creation? Why here, of course. And it is wonderful. A charm bracelet that is simple and not dangly...how perfect is that? The blue charm was my Mother's Day gift. A daisy cuz its my favorite flower and blue petals for my favorite color. Isn't he the greatest?

And on Mother's Day, before I got the above gift, I made a trip to Home Depot to pick up some flowers. And what did I find?




The patio furniture I'd been eyeing went on sale bigtime. So I called my best gift giver and told him to come check it out. His original answer? "Maybe sometime this week." To which I replied, "But it says 'While Supplies Last'. What if they run out?" So I came home picked him up and took him to Home Depot. The next night we were borrowing the neighbor's truck and going to pick up my latest "gift". How happy am I? And how wonderfully perfect is he?


So happy that this weekend, I headed out and bought myself a little "gift". Comfy strap, sexy look, versatile....you can't get much better than that.


So I'll wait...he'll be home soon. And we'll begin celebrating anniversary week in style (minus the gifts, of course :)

2 comments:

Mommy Mac said...

When you got a good one...you know it.

And you do.

.mac :)

Mamie said...

Auts ~ you are truly blessed to have a husband like Robbie. I could not have picked a better man for you to marry and you know how we moms are about stuff like that!! Happy Anniversary to you and the wonderful man you share your life with ~ xxoo