Saturday, February 14, 2009

Little Man Tate

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TATE!!!



Five years ago, I was blessed with the most amazing Valentine ever. My blonde headed, blue eyed, analytical, intense, big-hearted son. Every year I am even more amazed at the gift that I've been given.

  • A talented artist who loves to draw cars and his family

  • A dancing outlaw who prefers 80's jams to mod ditties

  • A creator...no matter the supply....sand, blocks, tracks, tupperware

  • An almost athlete who will try almost anything once but won't stick with it long enough for daddy's liking

  • A NOT morning person who requires his glass of milk before I can open my eyelids

  • A sleeper who gets the hours he needs but never indulges

  • A sensitive soul who likes to take care of others and tell them what they mean to him

  • A brother who protects, loves, and comforts

  • A son who teaches, entertains, and amazes

Thank you Lord for this gift. I will never understand why I was chosen, but I will do my best to live up to my end of the deal.

1 comment:

Mommy Mac said...

Man, that was one great post. One day he will be able to look back on his mama's words she wrote about him on his 5th birthday. They are great words, indeed. Tate is a lucky guy to have such a mommy like you and a daddy like Robbie. Keeping up with your end of the deal...you do a good job of it.