Sunday, November 23, 2008

Where are the pictures of Bobo?

Well...we went to visit Bobo this weekend and I just went through the pics and realized I didn't have one picture of him. This is partially because the batteries died at the beginning of his game, but also because the adults (excluding me) didn't feel much like pictures this morning due to a late night on the town. For the first time, I'm so glad I stayed at the hotel and tucked the kids in so I got a decent night sleep.

Just because there aren't pictures of much, we still had an event-filled time visiting Uncle Bobo in Cookeville. We started our stay in Cookeville with a stop at Jersey Mike's for our favorite Chicken Philly Cheesesteak. After, Nonny and I took the kids back to his place for naps while the boys headed to shoot around. I made my first mommy blunder here by waking the kids up after an hour nap to head over to the football game. NEVER wake up two already tired children from a very peaceful and hard slumber...not good...actually quite a nightmare.

Once we got them out in the freezing cold, they finally stopped crying (or their tears froze!!!) and we headed over to TN Tech to meet Rusty and Robbie to go to the football game. One of our former players from my high school is now playing there. As soon as we walked up, he fumbled on a play about 8 yards from the endzone. I told him later that night that I might have cost him a touchdown...I'm not great luck!!!

We grabbed some dinner and checked in to the hotel before heading over to the arena for the game. Once we got to the game, there was lots of excitement.

Tate won a dance contest at the 8:00 timeout. We didn't believe he would actually do it in such a large venue in front of so many people, but he didn't hesitate. It was so great...


that we should have videoed it, but dad...


forgot to re-charge the battery in the video camera, and mom...


forgot the pack of batteries for her digital camera (that can take a less quality video) in the hotel room (otherwise known as mommy blunder #2)...


In the meantime, Lily was scared stiff of the Golden Eagle that was wandering around the gym talking to all the kids. As a matter of fact, she informed Robbie that she told that "Balk Balk to GO AWAY" and it did.

Nonny was the big winner...she won 52 single combos from Wendy's in the Meal or No Meal contest.

I would love to tell you about mommy blunder #3 and #4, but they involve me pulling over on the side of the road and getting out of the vehicle...it was a rough trip home. We had a great time and were so glad to spend some time with Bobo. Sorry we didn't get any pics but he looks exactly the same...kinda doofy with boogers hanging out of his nose :)

1 comment:

Mamie said...

Poor Bobo ~ when you were growing up, you always told him that one day we just brought him home and he was adopted!! Glad you had a good time.