Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ever...Ever...Ever...

Well after several lectures about keeping the blog up to date, I decided that tonight...camera or no camera...I had to post. I do have a reason...I am in mourning. A few months ago, Lily dropped my camera on the floor instead of handing it to daddy like he asked her too so that leaves me without camera. Now, Connie has been kind enough to let me borrow hers so I've been able to add some things, but its not the same. I'm still sad...

However, tonight...I was not sad...I was far from sad. As a matter of fact, I was laughing harder than I have in a long time. It started like this, after baths, Robbie took the kids up to read books and tuck them in. Oh wait...I need to go back a few days. The past week, Lily has decided to be difficult at bedtime. Now, this is not characteristic of her for three reasons: #1 TimeCHANGE...everyone knows that "fall"ing back means kids are easier to get to bed earlier #2 Lily LOVES to sleep...anything that compromises that just doesn't happen...#3 It's La-La Lily for God's sake, she isn't difficult about much. So, it has kind of thrown me for a loop as she lays under her bedroom door calling for MOMMY!! The past few nights I have gone upstairs to find her crying and saying she has to go potty and wash her hands OR saying she needs to wipe her nose OR saying she can't find her "Bay". Neither here nor there is the excuse, but it all leads to a longer time getting to "adult" time than I prefer.

Robbie's been out of town for a few days, so when we all sat on the couch to watch Extreme Home Makeover, I have to admit I smiled inside when I heard it from the top of the stairs....that beautiful word that I have grown to love...its melodic tone dancing down each step as if it had a life of its own..."DADDY....DAD-DEE....Daddy, daddy, daddy...Da-dee...da-dee...DAD-DEE" At which, Robbie turns toward me and says "Your turn." I smiled (on the outside now) and said, "My darling, love of my life, you must have forgotten that you have just returned from a weekend of football in Kentucky. I think you owe me a few 'turns' ".

So he heads upstairs and opens the door, "Lily, what is the matter?" To which she responds, "I WANT you." Now...here's where he made his mistake...Robbie in his effort to solve the problem attempts to negotiate with a three year old girl who has her daddy wrapped around her finger. Connie and I burst into laughter when we hear the final statement, "But daddy...I want you ever, ever, ever."

Needless to say, less than two minutes later, Robbie comes trapsing down the stairs, daughter in tow. I am not sure how long "ever, ever, ever" is, but apparently it's at least until 9:30.

4 comments:

The Deavours Family said...

absolutely precious!

i must say that i get excited when it's DAAAA DEEE instead of mommy from time to time =)

The Evans Family said...

Ever...Ever...Ever--Love that!

Mommy Mac said...

This HAS to be told at her wedding. Perfect post! I was laughing out loud at the "my darling, love of my life part..."

Mish said...

Well written, Auts. I love this story!