Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hunting...I Mean Hiking











On Saturday morning we met my whole family at the lodge for a hike to the Natural Bridge. It is tradition that every year at the family reunion we wear matching shirts (Poor Robbie!). Some of the "seasoned" folks took the skylift to the top while the rest of us headed up the mountain by foot. Tate kept saying that we were going hunting and Lily would correct him and tell him it was hiking. He then started correcting himself by saying we're on a hunt...oh...well...I mean hike. Mom had a bum knee but was a trooper and just took her time. My 80 year old grandpa even hiked it with us. We made lots of stops along the way and during one of them, Lily managed to con a granola bar from some man and his son. I swear...you'd think we never feed that child. When we got to the top it was worth the trouble. It was such a beautiful view. Tate informed us that he was "too tired to walk all the way all day down that mountain" so we decided to take the skylift down. After the hike, we went to the pool for a few hours where I was able to enjoy some adult conversation with my cousins that I haven't seen in years. The kids had a great time playing and jumping about. They are getting quite confident in the pool. Needless to say, we headed back to the cabin and the kids crashed for VERY long naps.

1 comment:

Mamie said...

Miss you guys already!! Love, love, love the pictures ~ Mamie

P.S. Feed that child!!