Saturday, March 8, 2008

Vicks Vapor Rub and Ice Cream



This has been a rough week in our house. On Sunday night, Lily started to come down with a fever. By 9:30, I had decided that I would stay home with her the following day and get her in to the doctor to "nip it in the bud". Poor thing has been so sick this year, I hate for her to go through it again. The soonest appointment I could get was at 4:30 that afternoon. By that time, Robbie decided to meet me at the doc's office and get Tate checked out too. During the appointment, the doctor looked at Robbie and said, "You don't look so good." He said, "I don't feel so good." And so began our week-long endeavor with the flu. Lily took it the hardest. She is still fighting with a pretty hefty cough and runny nose. Robbie has had a nagging version all week with lingering symptoms. Thursday and Friday I was knocked out with a high fever, aches and chills. Luckily, Tate has fought it off so far but we'll see. Today, Lily finally got her appetite back and had many pieces of toast with grape jelly (see pic). Hopefully two more days of cabin fever will wipe it out completely.

1 comment:

The Deavours Family said...

Oh my goodness....my worst nightmare. I am so sorry you guys have been so sick. =(