Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snow Angels


This morning we woke up to an inch of snow. Of course every ten minutes Tate was begging to go outside and play in the snow. We finally mustered up enough strength to get some warm clothes on and take them out for a few minutes. Poor Tate has been couped up on the house this week with a bunch of sick people. He's watched more tv this week than in his whole life, I think. I was laughing as I was bundling them up. They looked like homeless children...my NY friends and family would have been embarrassed by our outerwear. They were wearing bumble bee rain boots, layers of sweatpants under wind pants, gloves that were too big, and thanks to Stef...some very warm "Life is Good" socks to keep the tootsies warm. I can remember a day when I had the boots, jacket, snowpants, hat, scarf, mittens and even sled to match when I headed out to the snow. Once outside, all Tate wanted to do was throw snowballs and Lily kept eating snow...IMAGINE THAT! We are now cuddling inside laying around in our thermals.

No comments: