Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bay




My favorite part of the day is after bath time. We always get the kids in their p.j.s, lay on the "reading rug" on our bellies and read a favorite book. After that, I turn off the lights (except for the pink nightlight, of course). Lily and I sit in the rocking chair and sing her "Cheer up Lily Bean" song. The sweetest part about it is when she sings the words ever so softly where it is barely audible. She then asks me to say her "pairs" and we go through our "Now I lay me down to sleep..." The last part of the nighttime ritual is the request for her side companion, Bay, a white silky blanket that has been dragged on the ground for the past two years. She pulls Bay over her face and the last sound I hear from my daughter each night is a hearty giggle from beneath Bay's shelter. "Oh what can it mean to a daydream believer?"

2 comments:

Mamie said...

She reminds me so much of a little girl that has grown up to be a beautiful mommy. Enjoy these times together because they go by so quickly. It seems like only yesterday that I was tucking you into bed. I am so proud of the wonderful daughter, amazing career woman, loving wife and most of all a very devoted mother that you have become. I would love to think that I may have had something to do with that ~ xxoo Mom

Anonymous said...

lily...can i have bay?