Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank You God for This Food...

BLESSED.

I could go on and on about the ways that I am blessed, but it would take a LONG time. It starts here:


The fact of the matter is there is no other way to explain it. 15 years ago, I had a plan and that plan did not involve any of these people...

The Lord simply blessed me with them. It starts with my husband. What a man! Yes he drives me nuts at times, but the Lord knew 10 years ago this spring that he was exactly what I needed. Stable, kind, hard-working, a little quirky...couldn't be a better fit for me. He loves in a way that I can not organize. I try to tell him how to love me all the time, but he doesn't listen. He knows what I need and loves me completely. What more could a girl ask for?

And then came this guy...

I can't help it! This one carries my heart in his hands. If you can envision my heart literally sitting in my son's hand as he trips and falls through his days, you can attempt to feel the random squeezes on my heart perpetrated by him. He has the most tender spirit that loves so hard and so genuinely. Just yesterday, his mamaw asked him what he wanted for Christmas. His answer? "To be with my whole family." See what I mean???? Random squeeze.

And then the wind blew...and she entered my life...


Mahummed Ali said, "Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee." No better words could describe my Beaner. She is strong-willed, certain and lights up a room just by walking into it. She loves unconditionally and thoroughly and never lets life get the better shot. She is truly an original who is confident in who she is and what she believes. Just tonight, 3 outfits later, she informed me that she figured out what was missing...her pink hat. Now, didn't that just make the outfit??? That's my girl.

Today I spent Thanksgiving with many other folks I am blessed to know:

Aunt Myrle

The matriarch of the family. In a family of lots of boys, her silent presence is never ignored.

Uncle Adam


Our budding lawyer who sees what he wants and is never afraid to go after it. He also feeds me some of my favorites: zucchini soup, peanut butter pie and fried pickles...YUM! And then there's his wife:
ERIN
Poor Erin...always wins most popular. The kiddos just hang all over her and can never get enough of "Aunt Erin" time. Fortunately for me, I am blessed to have a sister-in-law that I love spending time with. I am kinda bummed to not be shopping with her in the a.m., but I know I have to share her with her own sister.
PAPAW
Retirement seems to be suiting him. He still stays busy, but the kids love to be his "helpers". This morning, I woke up to the kids hanging in the garage playing "gas station" in their p.j.s while Papaw worked on some of his Christmas projects. And then there's his lifelady:
MAMAW
This is one of the few pics I have of Mamaw looking at the camera and I just love it. One of my favorite times is sitting around listening to the ladies of the family talk about the "good ole days". Make no mistake about it, that Mamaw...she is one strong lady. And man does she love my kids.

Uncle Roger and Aunt Diane (not pictured)

The kids LOVE Uncle Roger and Aunt Diane. Last night, Tate was rather upset that Uncle Roger was going on the turkey hunt without him. We tried our best to explain to him that Uncle Roger knew what to do, but he wouldn't have it. He was certain that Uncle Roger needed his help.

Unfortunately, I missed out on pics of Sharon and Tim, but they get extra props this year for making a tasty Thanksgiving meal. They also got some QT with the kids, which included Sharon re-piercing Lily's ear for the THIRD time!

BLESSED
UNPLANNED
UNDESERVING
UNASSUMING
UNEXPECTED
I am...
SIMPLY
BLESSED.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you're missing in that family picture is Scooby-Doo...then you could all go back to the 70's and be "the gang." ahhh....you meddling kids!!!!

Mommy Mac said...

You are blessed. I like the multicolored adjectives at the end...they are so true for all of us.

.mac :)