Saturday, December 27, 2008

OK-ya


I have just returned from checking on the non-napper and I'm wondering what has happened to my baby girl. It's almost as if she is practicing her teenage voice before she is actually a teenager. The conversation goes like this:


"Lil, why are you up?"

"Momma, I'm not up. I'm in my bed calling for you."

"What do you need?"

"I need to go potty."

"You just went potty."

"It's poop this time."

"Come on"

"Momma (while sitting on the toilet) I told you I had to go poop."

"Yes you did. Are you done?"

"Hmmm. Not yet."

"OK."

"Momma (still on toilet) whata we gonna do when we wake up?"

"Well IF we take a good nap, then we're going to dinner with Papaw and Mamaw."

"Are you sleepy too, momma?"

"Yes...very sleepy. Done yet?"

"Hmmmm. Not yet. Is Tate sleeping?"

"Yes he's asleep."

"He's going to dinner?"

"Yes."

"Am I going to dinner?"

"Yes. If you nap. Done yet?"

"Yep. I have poop in my pants."

"Did you forget to wipe?"

"Yep."

"Let's get clean underwear."

"OK. I still go to dinner?"

"Yes. If you nap."

"I'm going to nap now (while changing underwear), k momma?"

"I think that'd be a great idea."

"I won't get up, k momma."

"OK."

"I won't yell from my bed, I promise."

"OK."

"PROMISE, MOMMA"

"I promise (walking into bedroom)."

"NO. I PROMISE, MOMMA."

"OK. You're my sweet girl. Go to sleep and we'll have fun when you wake up."

"And go to dinner?"

"Yes...go to dinner when you wake up. Night."

"Night, momma."

And now I'm thinking she's the sweetest thing in the world I say..."Remember not to get up out of bed."

To which she replies............"OK-ya" (with extra emphasis on the ya). "You don't get up either. And don't talk to me."

Just when I thought we were getting somewhere.

2 comments:

Mamie said...

Sounds oddly familiar!!

TateandLily'sMom said...

Mother...somehow I knew you'd say that...