Thursday, December 25, 2008

Heading North

We spent the majority of Christmas day on I-75 heading to Robbie's parents. The good part about that is the traffic was minimal. The bad part was the lack of open establishments. Fortunately we found a place with gas, Arby's and a clean bathroom. I was grateful. Robbie suggested I snap a few pics to blog about our trip (wow!!! Did I just say my husband wanted me to BLOG!!!! Progress!!!) Anyway...here goes...



Lil watching Tinkerbell for the umpteenth time. Other than the one time headphone discomfort and the foot rubbing requests about every five minutes, she was a pleasant passenger.


Tate was playing his new DS system which he loved. He was a bit more high maintenance of a traveler today because he had a hard time figuring out the game, not to mention he was afraid of the turtle on the Mario Brothers. Oh, and Wall-E's head fell off and he couldn't reach it, which meant I couldn't reach it, which meant he would mention it oh about every 35 SECONDS!!!!


Robbie "rested" for the first two hours of the trip which really wasn't too bad because I was spared of the sport talk radio. I got to groove to my "Coffeehouse Christmas" which was right up my alley. After his "rest", he got behind the wheel and talked about the joys of Christmas...no, not really...just wanted to make sure you were paying attention.





And then there's me...well other than my monthly siatic issue, I was very content to listen to my Christmas music (driving) and catch up on my People magazine (passenging)...and occasionally climb over two rows of seats to get the "desired thingee" that was being requested OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER...Merry Christmas to Me and you and you and you...

3 comments:

Mamie said...

You didn't mention the pearls, but I see that you have them on, so must be you liked them!!

TateandLily'sMom said...

Yes...and Erin noticed them as soon as I arrived. Thank you for the pearls.

Mamie said...

You are so welcome. Someone I work with sells them if she is interested. She has all kinds of colors!!