Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thursday's Child ~ Welcome to the World, Sweet Davy Karol




She was born on a Thursday.  It was a normal Thursday for most.  But for some, it was a day that life changed forever.


David Bowie sang about Thursday's Child,

"Lucky old sun is in my sky
Nothing prepared me for your smile
Lighting the darkness of my soul
Innocence in your arms."

The birth of a child.  There's nothing like it.  It is the one single moment that demonstrates not only the existence, but the pure omnipotence of God.  The miracle of it is both humbling and fascinating all at the same time.

Innocent.
Delicate.
Tender.
Sweet.

And created by our Father with an absolute purpose.  Psalms 139 says it perfectly.

For you created my innermost being
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;


Words danced around in my head as I held all 6 pounds of her in my arms.  I have waited a long time for it.  After all, we all know how special my aunties are to me.  I love her sweet baby scent and the crease in her lips.  I love the way my Lily girl adores the very thought of her.  I love her soft baby breath as she sleeps.


I'm not David Bowie, but I also savor moments with writing.  In honor of my first baby niece...

They counted her fingers.
They counted her toes.
They watched each breath through her cute, button nose.

They held her tiny hands 
They held her tiny feet
They listened intently for her precious heart beat.

They cried and they smiled.
They hugged and they kissed.
They cherished every moment of their sweet, baby bliss.

In memory of her uncle, Davy is for David.
A brother and a fighter who will always be remembered.

Karol is for Papaw and her Dad's Brother.
Two strong men who will love her forever.

Knit together by him to be loved by us.
Welcome to the world, lovely baby girl.

I am swooned.
~ao


No comments: