Saturday, January 30, 2010

Goin' to the Birds

I love this picture! How sweet is my lil bean laying the birdseed on the rail for our feathered friends? Thanks to Pops we now have a large bin full of seed for our birdhouse.

Speaking of birds...I have become slightly obsessed. It all started with my friend, Jamie and a Pottery Barn catalog. When I went to visit Jamie in Michigan, I just loved the way she decorated. After much persistence, she finally revealed her secret. She finds what she likes in the Pottery Barn catalog and then goes to Kohls, Target and HomeGoods to decorate her house.

So...I went to Pottery Barn and got a catalog. Well, apparently birds are the thing now. There was this beautiful pillow that said "Nest...a place of retreat." And that's all it took...

We are in the process of remodeling our house and with that remodel we are giving everything a new look. I found the perfect colors for each room from a potholder with oranges, blues and greens and of course, a bird. Since then, I have bought 2 paintings, 1 lamp, and 4 statues.

I am now on the hunt for an antique birdcage. Of course, my husband and friends are starting to get concerned, but what can I say? I can't. But according to my husband, "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush." I tend to agree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go to hobby lobby...did you see the bird cage we had in our foyer when you were here? it might not actually be antique...but it looks it!