Sunday, August 24, 2008

Family Time

Since we have been so busy with everyone else's lives for the past few months, we decided to spend some time with just our family (and Connie too) this weekend. On Saturday, we headed up to Gatlinburg to do a little outlet mall shopping for the adults and go-kart riding with the kids. The ladies found a lot of great deals and Lily bought another pair of flip flops which she was ecstatic over. The boys headed over to the NASCAR racetrack to take on the go-karts. In Tate's words, "We had a blast!" To end our little mini-trip, we went to the Apple Barn for some apple fritters and sweet tea. Of course, we ate until we were about to bust. Tate had a "I haven't had a nap today and its after 9:00" meltdown as my dessert arrived...which I probably didn't need anyway. As I was loading him into the car, telling him that he needed to stop crying, he said between tears, "I can't settle myself down". And so the drama king speaks again...



Today we hung out at home and then decided to take a picnic to the park and let the kids play for awhile. The highlight of that trip was Lily's excursion to the top of the climbing wall (with daddy spotting, of course). We were all so shocked that she was brave enough to try. She is really coming out of her shell! We plan to do a little of the same thing next weekend before Robbie's UK season tickets kick in and he is out of town most Saturdays. Wow! I think I need a hobby...

1 comment:

The Deavours Family said...

aw, how fun! don't you love family time =) i can't believe how grownie lily is looking!!