Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mini Me

There's something about a daughter...my mom always told me, but you can't possibly comprehend until you have one. Today was a day that I fell in love with her all over again. She is growing into such a precious little girl. She has well blended characteristics from her daddy and I. She is stubborn (I think that one is from both of us). She is completely potty trained at school and only needs a diaper for naptime, but has yet to use the toilet at home but a handful of times. Today I took this pic in the bathroom while I sat in there talking to her for 10 minutes...trying to convince her that she needed to use the potty. Immediately after getting up from the toilet, she ran into the living room, leaned up against the couch and wet her pants. Oh you've gotta love it. She is playful (I think this one is mine!). After her reaction to the bubbles yesterday, I went to Target and bought her a bubble maker. She had a big time running around the yard chasing after the gazillion bubbles. She is content (she definitely gets this one from her daddy). There are times where she will sit in silence with you. Yesterday she sat on the front porch with me for 10 minutes while Tate ran around the yard with a neighbor boy. She was perfectly content to just "BE" and that is one of the things I love most about her daddy. I know there will be a time when her playful, sweet nature will be masked with adolescence but until then I will cherish those moments of "I want to sit with Mommy" time.

1 comment:

Mamie said...

Imagine that ~ a little girl with a mind of her own!!